Anxiety And Depression Young Children
When it comes to anxiety and depression young children are as susceptible as adults. This is not an 'adult' illness. Please don't underestimate the impact it can have on their lives.
Mental illness can be hard to spot. It also does not 'seem serious enough' to bother with. People feel sorry for someone with a physical handicap. It can be seen.
Children With Anxiety And Depression Need Help
Approximately 8 out of 10 children with a mental illness don't get the attention they deserve. By comparison, about 3 out of 4 children with a physical handicap do.
Why is that? Because a mental illness is 'in your head'? Because you're supposed to 'snap out of it' or 'get over it'? It's a shame that a mental illness is not taken more seriously.
Anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses are real and do affect children as well as adults. If this were not true, then there won't be doctors dealing with it.
The danger in children is that they may not be articulate enough to express themselves. Even a child may go through:thoughts of dyinglow self-esteemloss of interest
and other symptoms.
Get More Info on MindSoothe Jr. for Child and Teen Depression
This natural product promotes systemic balance to support concentration, mental focus, and balanced mood in children. Learn more about this product if your child has concentration, attention and behavioral issues.
Most children go through fears of the dark or monsters and many others. That's quite normal. However, if their fears persist and hinders their daily lives, it's time to seek proper professional help.
Parents need to be open enough to tell the difference. Having an "it can't happen to my child" philosophy could condemn their child to a lifetime of needless suffering.
Parents also do not have to feel it's their fault. But they should not ignore a problem that does not go away. Very often, mental illnesses can be overlooked because it may appear as 'part of growing up'.
If you suspect a problem, try to see a child psychologist or child psychiatrist. Antidepressants may be prescribed but it should be done with therapy as well.
For anxiety and depression young children can turn to effective natural and alternative treatments. Some antidepressants cause suicidal thoughts. Natural and other alternate forms of treatment may be safer for your child in the long run.
Anxiety And Depression Young Children Related ArticlesAgoraphobia In Young Children
- Agoraphobia in young children should be dealt with immediately. Young children need not suffer needlessly from agoraphobia. Learn what you can do.Anxiety Panic Attack At School
- Don't let your child suffer from anxiety panic attack at school. Get the best information to help relieve anxiety and panic attack suffering for your child.Early Childhood Agoraphobia
- If you suspect early childhood agoraphobia, get help for your child immediately. Learn what to do for early childhood agoraphobia.Diagnosing Anxiety Disorders In Children
- Diagnosing anxiety disorders in children is extremely important. Undetected, your child could suffer for years. Learn what you should do.Child Anxiety Disorder
- Get the best help for child anxiety disorder. Learn how to help your child's anxiety disorder improve with proven techniques.Teen Panic Disorders
- Teen years can be tricky, so don't let your child's teen panic disorders cause unnecessary anxiety. Learn what you can do to help.Panic Attack In Teens
- Panic attack in teens can be quite common. Learn the best information and what you should do for a teen suffering panic attacks.Panic And Anxiety Disorders In Children
- When it comes to panic and anxiety disorders children are just as prone. Get the best information and help children end panic and anxiety.
Return from this Anxiety And Depression Young Children to the Panic And Agoraphobia home page.